The Learning Community International is an accredited private school offering a K-12 program in Maryland, as well as nationally and internationally.
- Has graduated over 1,100 students since 1984
- Accredited by Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- Oversees educational programs in Indonesia, Korea, Egypt, Trinidad
- Committed to continuous improvement in our program, methodology, technology, materials
- We select students who are self-motivated, adventurous, independent learners and who are willing to engage in reflective learning.
- We are committed to remaining a small private school so that each student receives deserved individual focus and commitment from our educational team.
- We attract students worldwide who have a dedicated passion requiring a significant time commitment. Our students have: attended college at age 12 and gone on to medical school at 16, become Intel Finalists, played professional soccer in high school, mastered an art or skill, published scientific research or a book, pursued an entrepreneurial endeavor, learned multiple languages, traveled internationally, and successfully dealt with a physical disability.
- The world is our campus. Students do not need to sit in a classroom to have a superior educational experience.
- Propose and complete a rigorous curriculum, master the art of reflective learning, and keep a journal
- Meet regularly face-to-face with our educational team and are held accountable to achieve mutually agreed goals
- Question themselves, what they learn, and the choices they make, and to adjust accordingly
- Engage in self-evaluation and self-correction
- Complete a minimum of 24 credits to graduate from high school
Our Educational Team
- Customizes courses and individualizes the curricula
- Focuses on critical and analytical thinking and reflective learning
- Conducts parent and student strength and talent assessment and coaching
- Encourages students to master practical skills such as time management
- Makes students aware that their knowledge and behavior can make a difference in the world
TLCI's collaborative, reflective learning experience is an ideal educational path for self-motivated students looking for a customized, rigorous program that meets high standards. With 21st century technology, TLCI advisors, coaches, and tutors are with our students anywhere in the world.